Android Engineer at Lunar
Do you want to play a central role in making sure that Lunar’s Android app stays the best financial app on the market? Are you good at cracking difficult issues and finding creative solutions that enable us to deliver the best banking experience in the Nordics?
Then you should join the team as our new Android Engineer.
The look under the hood
Our technical platform is built on an event-based microservice architecture, where continuous and independent deployability is a must. We are pushing around 1000 releases a month to our users. We host our infrastructure in AWS and orchestrate our microservices via Kubernetes - and everything else that goes hand in hand with cloud-native technologies. Our primary language is Go, but we also believe in "the right tool for the job".
How we work
At Lunar we do things simultaneously and fast - and to be able to do so, our engineering culture has to be based on an agile mindset. We are organised within squads that are divided into different sub-domains, making it possible for each squad to be on their own mission - and thereby enabling us to work autonomously. At Lunar, we pursue a culture that enables people to “think different” and to take ownership in their work-life here. At Lunar, responsibility is not something you get - it is something you take.
At Lunar, we build the rocket ship while we race to the moon and beyond. To do that, we simultaneously expand our offerings and features while we maintain a solid, optimised and scalable platform for our more than 250.000 customers. It requires steady nerves and a super steady focus doing that.
The Android app
Kotlin first - that’s how we want our world to be. Of course we have a lot of old Java code but we are not afraid of killing it! Our mantra is that all new code should be written in kotlin and we are continuously converting or rewriting old java stuff. Some of the technologies we use are: Rx, Flux, Retrofit, Dagger2, Glide, Realm Database and of course all of the glorious androidx.
We are always trying to make sure our app is better than what you otherwise can find on Google Play. So if you are passionate about animations and have a flair for smooth UI, you are just right for the team.
What you bring to the table
At Lunar we don't believe in typical candidates - but we do have somewhat an idea about how a typical candidate could be for this position. If you can scratch several things off the list - that is a plus:
- You have +3 years of experience working with tech - the industry doesn't matter to us.
- You have a background in Computer Science or Engineering. However, the most important aspect for us is that you are passionate about the Android platform just like the rest of the Android Engineers in the guild.
- A few years of experience within Android and app development.
- Experience in working with Android applications and delivery to Google Play.
- Clear opinions on the battle between Java and Kotlin - we sure do!
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll make your mark on the new digital bank in the Nordics.
- Your daily work-life will be in our awesome office in Aarhus.
- You’ll try a bunch of different things, with more new stuff to come.
- Get great sparring with brilliant colleagues and the possibility to grow.
- Casual tone, lots of laughs, and room for diversity.
- You’ll be a part of an entrepreneurial company full of drive and great team spirit. Together we’ve already accomplished wonderful results, and we’re nowhere near done.
- At Lunar, we emphasize follow-up on the things we do, so we’re always learning - both as individuals and as a team.
We love diversity and all that sets us apart - that's what makes us awesome. Some are extroverted - some introverted. We don't all speak Danish, Norwegian or Swedish, but we all speak English. The most important thing is respect and understanding between one and another.