Data Engineer Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
Welcome to Grundfos and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering!
Be part of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) at Grundfos, namely Digital Development and Innovation function, where you will be part of the Data department and will play an important role in our digitalization journey within manufacturing at Grundfos, by working with data and creating valuable insights out of it. This is done in collaboration with various stakeholders and colleagues within Engineering, Manufacturing, Data and IT field.
“The majority of your time you will be spending on building Data Pipelines with data ingestion, data integration and security, incl. governance. High quality of the data pipelines is key to effectively utilize the data by specialists to optimize our production and value chain. Doing so you will add value to our engineering, production and customers by enhancing our competitive advantage,” explains Program and People Manager, Olena Ovsyannikova.
Build and orchestrate data pipelines on big data projects
You will support our digitalization strategy within manufacturing by making data flow from a variety of sources and make it accessible for those who need it, when they need it. Your knowledge of data modelling and your ability to orchestrate data pipelines makes you key in our ability to prove or reject various hypotheses based on data.
- Implement new Data Pipelines and provide easy access to existing data sources
- Collaborate with the data team on the journey towards effective utilization of our data in Operations
- Participate in a various data and digitalization projects and collaborate with project manager, connectivity specialist, data analyst or/and data scientists
- Collaborate with Data Product Owner to ensure alignment with the processes and capabilities
Apply the knowledge and ideas with your colleagues
Collaboration will be part of the daily work. You will be part of the global team, based in several locations across the globe, that works in an agile way to convert data into value. Apart from the core team and specialists from engineering and operations, you will be cooperating with IT department and the Group Data&AI team, as well as with the Data Product Owner. In doing so you will uncover new possibilities for data projects, which you will then mature together with your colleagues in your team.
Detail-oriented data specialist with analytical mind
It is not important whether you recently obtained your university degree or have several years of experience. More importantly, you manage to make use of on the expertise and ideas of your colleagues to prepare and utilize data to benefit our production. Furthermore, you know your way around databases and how to code scripts.
We imagine you:
- Hold a degree in SW Engineering, computer science or similar studies centered around data
- Have a high proficiency with Python & SQL
- Speak and write English effortlessly
Furthermore, you preferably have:
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, Snowflake & Snowpipe
- Experience in file-based data processing, data transformation, Azure Functions, pipeline architecture, data models and pipeline deployment
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure) and IT security
- Knowledge of Agile development, Azure DevOps, CI/CD and Infrastructure as code (ARM)
- Basic understanding of Connectivity, PLCs and Machine learning will be an advantage
“On a personal level, you have an open mind and is keen to learn new skills. You take initiative, is self-driven and prepared to meet deadlines. You work in a structured manner and thrive, working in a team where you at times challenge and at times will be challenged by experienced professionals,” explains Program and People Manager, Olena Ovsyannikova.