Frontend Developer at Januar
The team you’re joining
Our tech team consists of four people and expect to grow almost each month over the fall. We each have 15-20+ years of experience, so you’ll have the chance to learn a lot and pitch in with your own experience and ideas. Your role in the team is highly flexible and will primarily be defined by your wishes and ambitions - we believe that people should do what they do best. If we lack the skills for a given task, we’ll handle it as a team, either by educating one or more team members, or by whom we hire as the next to join the team.
What is Januar?
In short, our goal is to bridge bitcoin and banking. Currently, we are in the early stages of building a Bitcoin product for financial institutions in Denmark.
Further down the road, we aim to enable access to bank accounts for cryptocurrency businesses, building the gate between crypto and fiat money.
We base our business on trust and transparency, as well as solid expertise and experience in finance and crypto. We’re not all crypto experts, but we expect you to be curious and willing to both share your knowledge and learn from your colleagues.
We’re a team of 14 now, and we expect to grow noticeably in size over the coming months.
The following description is us imagining a candidate for the position - we don’t expect you to tick all the boxes.
You might wonder why we don’t name drop various hard requirements regarding what framework(s) you should use - let us know your favourite tech stack and tool chain and we’ll take it from there!
Our needs are broad and change with the company’s rapid growth, so we’d also love to hear from you if you have different experience than mentioned below. Maybe you have skills we didn’t even realise we need!
As long as you match the overall profile and are able to own your area of responsibility, we would love to hear from you:
- 5+ years of professional experience doing frontend development as part of a team
- Fluent in your language and platform of choice
- Understanding of working in cloud environments
- Extensive or good understanding of how to consume and integrate towards RESTful APIs
- Fluent in working with git + github (with whatever branching strategy you know)
- Understanding of and/or opinion on CI/CD combined with a microservice setup
- Understanding of microservice architecture principles and do's & don'ts
- Understanding of how to orchestrate multiple environments with multiple
- Application services, preferably with an Infrastructure-as-a-service mindset
- Fluency in English (Danish is a plus, but not a requirement)
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind
We don’t mind whether your preference is VS Code or notepad++ - whatever works best for you in collaboration with your team.
You’re free to work on any platform you want, and we provide the hardware and software you need to do your daily work.
We do expect you to use multi-factor login for our various platforms and services in order to reduce attack-vectors.
Nice to have
- Interest in trading, maybe even experience with trading yourself
- Experience in doing low latency systems for use in trading environments
- Understanding of blockchains in general
- Understanding the importance of a well-functioning, solid DevOps experience
We expect you to have a keen interest in finance and cryptocurrency, but no pre-knowledge is required.
As part of the team in Januar, you will get:
- Highly skilled colleagues who are happy to both teach and learn
- A human-centric, value-based culture
- Best-in-class training in cryptocurrencies
- Challenging and rewarding assignments; many of them end-to-end
- Social activities and events - you’re welcome to arrange some, too!