Gameplay Programmer (Intermediate to Principal)
Featuring a wholly original Bond story, players will step into the shoes of the world's favorite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story.
We are seeking individuals who can see the vision and take the leap on this new adventure that promises to deliver a one-of-a-kind gameplay experience for players.
If impact, finding creative solutions and sustainable development is what excites you, then this is meant to be.
What you will do:
- As a Gameplay Programmer you'll work across multiple areas within the core gameplay domain: characters, cameras, control scheme, weapons and items, abilities and progression, environments, and interactions, to name a few.
- You'll be responsible for designing, owning, and maintaining systems and code across some of those areas, but also have the chance to contribute with designs and reviews in other areas, and have a general overview of the whole domain.
- You'll work primarily in C++, creating code, systems, and visual building blocks for our designers to be used in Glacier, our in-house technology, via our integrated Visual Scripting Language.
- As a part of a game team, you will collaborate with other programmers, designers, and content creators, to build and enrich the game
- You will collaborate creatively with the other gameplay programmers and create engaging gameplay for our future players.
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of professional gameplay programming experience, on a AAA title.
- Open-minded and willing to accept and provide feedback to ensure the highest quality for our systems and gameplay features.
- You have hands-on experience with gameplay features implementation, such as: systems, characters, cameras, control schemes, weapons, gadgets, abilities, progression, and interactions.
- You will work day-to-day in C++, so we expect you have a strong foundation and understanding of the best practices.
We’ll take you through an initial interview, technical assessment, meeting the producer, some of the gameplay team, and a final HR talk.
We hire people who are excited to work with their craft and always seek to improve. We also hope you are collaborative and learn from your teammates as they will learn from you – a team player who actively seeks collaboration to find optimal solutions. As a member of the team, you will have appreciation for your input, and get to see your work in a game played by millions. We don’t just work – we also celebrate milestones and take the time to look around and give some well-deserved kudos. Finally, you will be part of a crazy-good team of programmers who are eager to have you on board!
Who we are:
Glacier, our state-of-the-art engine technology, is part of our success as a studio. Winner of Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019 and Bafta nominated in 2022, our engine is built around visual scripting and hot-reloading to enable completely data-driven WYSIWYG game development. Glacier was designed from the ground up to enable faster iterations on content creation, tweaking, and debugging. This has been achieved through a highly optimized Runtime Resource System, a powerful Live Editor, and an on-demand Asset Pipeline.
As for our culture, if you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to, and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people of over 30 nationalities working in our Copenhagen, Malmö, and Barcelona studios.
We have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued, and listened to at all steps.
We are dedicated to quality and having fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
Our world-class locations in Copenhagen, Malmö, and Barcelona offer flexibility, superior benefits, a high commitment, and respect for the individual.
The position is open in all studios and we welcome candidates from all over the world!