Kotlin Backend Developer
Shape Games is an award-winning digital b2b platform and service provider for the iGaming industry.
We operate across Europe, North America, and South America with our native omnichannel frontend platform, alongside our agnostic control panel that makes operations and integration of providers simple, quick and cost-effective.
The module-based solution is state-of-the-art and tested at scale with a number of market-leading clients.
Will you be the next colleague to join us on this exciting journey? Sharing your knowledge with the rest of us and learning from us in return? We'd be following together the newest technology trends and having fun along the way.
SOME OF THE THINGS WE LOOK FOR
- Experience with modern web frameworks.
- The main technologies we use are the Kotlin programming language and the web framework Ktor. So it's an advantage if you know any of these.
- Commercial experience with Java is also a strong asset (especially if you haven't worked with Kotlin so far).
- Motivation to become a part of and learn from a team of experienced and passionate developers for web, iOS, and Android.
- An interest in system architecture, caching techniques, REST APIs, and data modeling.
- Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres.
- Maybe you also have experience with Docker and AWS services such as CloudFormation, ECS, S3, etc.
- It’s always good to also know frontend technologies such as React or Vue.
AS OUR BACKEND DEVELOPER, YOU WILL...
- Participate in the creation of scalable software.
- Join one of the cross-platform engineering teams, each one having a size of 6 to 10 people.
- Be able to operate in an open, inspiring, and trust-based environment, where your voice will be heard in matters concerning your team.
- Be assigned a mentor, regardless of your experience level, for the first weeks at work, just so you can get familiar with the product and the Shape Games ways of working.
- Contribute to expanding our modular architecture, with packages that can be combined to create highly customisable sports betting apps.
- Fully embrace the Kotlin programming language and follow its evolution closely, taking advantage of any new features that we can see providing value.
WORKING HOURS AND SPECIFICATIONS
⏱ Full-time, 37.5 hours a week.
📍 This is a Copenhagen-based, on-site position with flexible remote work possibilities.
💬 English proficiency is a must. Danish language skills are not expected.
📝 Application via this portal [or vial the company career site, mentioning you found us via the State of Denmark campaign]
🕵🏻 CV screening by a Talent Acquisition representative - within 2-3 days
📋 Additional questions sent to the candidate [1 or 2 non-technical questions may be asked, with optional video and/or text answers]
👥 1st meeting with a Talent Acquisition representative - usually no later than a week from the application [may be in person or on video, according to the candidate's location and preference]
🧑💻 Take-home assignment - a small application to work on from scratch
💁 2nd meeting - technical interview with a panel of senior developers [may be in person or on video, according to the candidate's location and preference]
👨👩👧👦 3rd meeting - with the Engineering manager [more informal one, helpful for both parties to get acquainted before deciding "it's a match"!]
PERKS AND BENEFITS
🏙 Central office
Our office is located in a central area of Copenhagen, Denmark. Easy to access by bike or public transport (metro station: Islands Brygge).
📱 New tech gear
MacBook, the newest mobile phones, and ergonomic working setting? We got you covered.
🍝☕️ Food and drinks
Enjoy a catered lunch, great snacks and drinks with your colleagues, every day. These include plenty of vegetarian, halal, gluten and lactose free options.
🧑🎓 Skill development
We support your skill development with a dedicated education budget to attend seminars and courses.
👯 Social gatherings
Enjoy social gatherings, activities, Friday bars and games together with your colleagues.
⚖️ Work-life balance
Work is not everything. Carve out time for your family, friends, and fun hobbies.
🐥 Family friendly
We cherish families and understand that daily life can be full of unexpected events. We also open our doors to your little ones for Christmas Hygge or LEGO nights.
🏡 Remote work allowed
We are open to remote work as long as it fits in with your team. Working from your home country is also possible when visiting your family and friends.
🌍 Relocation package
If you are not already living in Copenhagen but would like to, we can help make the relocation easy. We will take you through the process of getting a Danish work VISA (which applies to you and your immediate family). We are part of the Fast-Track programme so the process will be as quick as possible. We will also arrange the trip and find an apartment in a good location for you.
WORKING AT SHAPE GAMES
⭐️ A competitive salary in accordance with experience and capabilities.
⭐️ We are organized with a flat hierarchy, where everyone is accessible, no matter their role.
⭐️ Our office is located in Islands Brygge close to public transportation and the harbor, where both summertime and wintertime swimming is enjoyed.
⭐️ The headquarters offers a modern aesthetic, a comfy lounge area, and plenty of fun activities such as PlayStation tournaments, board game nights, family LEGO days and much more.
⭐️ But also social events, keynotes, morning runs (and swims) and Friday bars - not to forget an unhealthy amount of snacks, beverages, cake.
⭐️ Our team is very international and so far includes people from over 30 different countries. Our company language is English.
⭐️ A couple of times each year we press pause on our daily projects and retrieve to a remote location. We get together for socialising and hacking on side projects - we call this Shape Games Weekend. It is a lot of fun.