About the position
We are looking for a colleague who can join our team, in order to manage to define the optimal operating point, based on economic considerations such as market prices, product demand as well as the capacity and flexibility of the refinery. You will collaborate across the refinery and become part of a broad and well-functioning team at CBE. We work together in an open office environment where an honest dialogue contributes to mutual trust and development.
As an economist you will be an important mediator in CBE, both internally in the department, as well as in the rest of the organization, where you will help to ensure that the oil ends up in the right product flows. Through close collaboration with the product planners, the optimal plan is incorporated, which is communicated through day-to-day instructions, especially for the operation.
The economist also works closely with the trade link in connection with the economic evaluation of supply options - both imports and exports. These include in particular Trading & Supply in Copenhagen and Crossbridge Partners in Geneva.
The economist is responsible for maintaining and further developing our linear model (LP) of the refinery, including modelling of green hydrogen, validation of yields, mass balances and component qualities.
The economist can also contribute to the development of our other tools for mixing products, etc. You have the capacities to see the tasks in a larger perspective and take responsibility professionally and in a timely manner.
You have a high drive, based on good decisions and you thrive in a complex working environment.
- Preparation of business plans (annual basis) and a monthly plan for the next 3 months.
- Ongoing 12-month forecast on earnings.
- Active participation in the preparation of business plans as well as the refinery's growth strategy
- To act as the commercial driving force and broadcast and communicate weekly financial management across the organization.
- Preparation of Margin Variance Analysis and identification of margin losses as well as business optimization for the past month.
- Evaluation of ad hoc business opportunities such as imports, new products and margin projects.
- Identification and challenge of day-to-day operational margin losses
- Mapping of continuous improvements of the linear model, as well as implementation of minor adjustments
- Reporting of Key Performance Indicators such as Product Quality Give Away, feedstock and dividend optimization etc.
For some of the above there will be some overlap between operations and business development.
We imagine that our new economist:
- Has good knowledge of the energy industry, preferably with knowledge of refining, plant configuration and product portfolio
- Has skills and interest in economics and oil trading
- Has good IT skills, including databases, modelling and programming
- Has good analytical skills as well as analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Has good collaboration and communication skills
- Can exercise informal leadership within communication and coaching
- Is flexible and ready for change in the face of changing business requirements
- Speaks and writes fluent English and willing to learn Danish
An exciting and challenging position in a large company with international relations. The eco-composition provides a solid commercial insight and forms a strong basis for further career opportunities in CBE within business development, trading and production optimization. Salary according to qualifications, pension and health insurance, bonus scheme, etc.