Senior Gameplay Programmer
We are seeking individuals who can see the vision and take the leap on this new adventure that promises to deliver a one-of-a-kind gameplay experience for players. If impact, finding creative solutions and sustainable development is what excites you then this is meant to be.
What you will do:
- As a Gameplay Programmer you'll work across multiple areas within the core gameplay domain: characters, cameras, control scheme, weapons and items, abilities and progression, environments, and interactions, to name a few.
- There are many things you can do as a gameplay programmer at IOI. You'll be responsible for designing, owning, and maintaining systems and code across some of those areas, but also have the chance to contribute with designs and reviews in other areas, and have a general overview of the whole domain.
- As a Gameplay Programmer you'll work primarily in C++, creating code, systems, and visual building blocks for our designers to be used in Glacier, our in-house technology, via our integrated Visual Scripting Language.
- You will interact and collaborate on shared technology with other adjacent domains, particularly animtech, multiplayer and AI.
- You will not only get to make the game come alive on screen, but to also make it an awesome and fun experience.
- As a part of a game team, you will collaborate with other programmers, designers and content creators, to build and enrich the game, while adhering to the main vision set by the Game Director, and in accordance with the guidelines defined by the Technical Director on the project.
- As an IOI programmer, you will collaborate and help other gameplay programmers across the studio, to strengthen our shared codebase and build cross-project robust systems, in accordance with the long-term objectives set for our studio’s technology.
- As a Senior you'll also be responsible for coaching and mentoring junior programmers, within your domain.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of professional gameplay programming experience, on a AAA title, preferably multiplayer.
- You have hands-on experience with gameplay features implementation, such as: systems, characters, cameras, control scheme, weapons and items, abilities and progression, environments, and interactions.
- You have had full circle responsibility for gameplay features and seen them through from start to finish, in collaboration with your team.
- You might say about yourself that you have 'touched pretty much all sides of gameplay'. We like that.
- You will work day-to-day in C++, so we expect you have a strong foundation and understanding of the best practices.
- Some knowledge of C#/.NET is a plus
- Well-founded in mathematics, algorithms, and data structures.
We’ll take you through an initial interview, technical assessment, meeting the producer, some of the gameplay team and a final HR talk. We hire people who are excited to work with their craft and always seek to improve. We also hope you are collaborative and learn from your teammates as they will learn from you – a team player who actively seeks collaboration to find the optimal solutions. As a member of the team, you will have appreciation for your input, and get to see your work in a game played by millions. We don’t just work – we also celebrate milestones and take the time to look around and give some well-deserved kudos. You will get to work on our multiplayer title, but also build the gameplay experience of our future titles. Finally, you will be part of a crazy-good team of programmers who are eager to have you on board!
Who we are:
Glacier, our state-of-the-art engine technology, is part of our success as a studio. Winner of Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019, our engine is built around visual scripting and hot-reloading to enable completely data-driven WYSIWYG game development. Glacier was designed from the ground-up to enable faster iterations on content creation, tweaking and debugging. This has been achieved through a highly optimized Runtime Resource System, a powerful Live Editor and an on-demand Asset Pipeline.
As for our culture, if you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people of over 40 nationalities working in our Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona studios. We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
Our world-class locations in Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona offer flexibility, superior benefits, a high commitment, and respect for the individual. The position is open in our Malmö or Barcelona studios primarily, but we’re willing to consider Copenhagen. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English.