Senior Backend Engineer at SYBO
We're SYBO, a mobile studio based in Copenhagen, and makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 3 billion installs - that's a big chunk of the world's population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that keeps you coming back - that's what we're about. We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with.
We've got new games in the pipeline, and we’re looking for an experienced and passionate Backend Engineer to join our team as we embark on these adventures. As a Backend Engineer at SYBO, you will be an intricate part of solving the many tough challenges we face when building very ambitious, top-notch F2P games that can challenge with the very best out there. You will be part of small, agile game teams, helping develop game services, highly available robust systems using state-of-the-art technologies and web tooling to support live operations on all our games, including working with existing/off-the-shelf solutions.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Read on!
You are a well-rounded programmer that is both able and willing to take on tasks from any of these areas. We are a small team and we need everyone to be able to step up and have the ability to handle the majority of issues that could pop up - especially those that might directly affect our players.
- Higher education degree in a relevant field
- Excellent programming skills and a desire to work with Go
- AWS or GCS cloud infrastructure in general
- Background working with databases (preferably from both SQL and NoSQL systems)
- Comfortable in a Linux based environment and its command-line tools
- Keep cool under pressure, when issues pop up in live production environments
- Proficient with one web development framework (Angular, React)
- Fluent in English - both verbally and written
And, most importantly: have a strong passion for both making and playing games!
We offer a highly ambitious and fun workplace with colleagues doing daily high fives! It's important for us that everybody is heard - so our culture is very informal and creative.
What we can brag about:
- The best office location in Copenhagen
- A chance to do the work of your life
- An informal and creative culture where everybody is heard
We also have...
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- A balanced lunch buffet
- Currently 22+ nationalities
- And a lot of fun - also when working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.