Senior Data Engineer
Are you up for creating a great self-service data platform? We are ramping up our team and we want to hear from you.
About the position
We are searching for a Data Engineer to join our Data Team which is building a central data platform to attend to the data needs of our entire organization.
We would like to hear from you if you are a collaborator who takes initiative and has several years of experience working with data management solutions. This can include:
- Building and optimizing pipelines for data ingestion and transformation using Delta Lake and Spark
- Schema design and dimensional data modeling of disconnected datasets
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Ensuring compliance with data privacy and information security regulations
It is a plus if you have experience building Data Science applications, have Python skills or knowledge of data reporting tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
Technologies we use
- Data Platform: Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake Storage, Delta Lake, Apache Spark, Python, Azure Purview
- Data Reporting: Power BI, Excel, DAX
- Hosting: 100% Azure
How we work
- Teams: Each team consists of 4-6 engineers. Teams are cross-functional, self-organised and free to choose their own process, but most use a flavour of Scrum with a 2-week sprint. We believe in the lean principles - e.g. short feedback cycles, minimising handovers, and therefore each team has full responsibility for the features they own from development to deployment.
- Guilds: Guilds are a place to share knowledge and experiences, and to get help and ideas from others. We currently have a DevOps, Cloud, Back-end, Front-end, Security, QA, and Tracking guild.
- Architecture: We try hard to avoid over-engineering and always strive for the simplest solution possible. While we are in the early stages of building our data platform, our design process is guided by selecting simple technologies with a broad application spectrum rather than narrowly focussed ones.
- Test focused: We like to test the code we build, and we have a continuous integration infrastructure in place that runs our tests on every push and notifies the team on Slack if something breaks.
- DevOps mindset: We are cloud first, and everything is hosted in Microsoft Azure. Each team is responsible for deployments and monitoring of their own services. All work is managed through Azure DevOps including backlog management, source control, pull-requests, releases, and testing.
- Automation: We like to automate as much as possible and constantly extend and improve our T-SQL based framework and infrastructure as code solution.
- Design: We have a written coding standard, and we follow clean code principles. We develop most of our features using pair programming. Every change is peer-reviewed. We have tools for automatic code clean-up that ensure consistent formatting and structured and fail builds if any rule is violated.
- Tools: We use some of the best tools available for the job including Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise, Slack, Zoom, Git, Azure DevOps.
- Learning: We believe in lifelong learning and encourage everyone to read books, go to conferences, take courses, and certifications. We want to invest in everyone’s personal and professional development, and therefore we provide the necessary resources to support this. Every sprint we have internal Tech Talks and from time to time we also host and speak at meetups.
- Flexible: We have distributed teams across offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Eindhoven. Yet, all meetings and work happen online. This gives us freedom to work from home when you have a repair person coming, your child is sick, etc., and also enabled us to initiate the necessary measures within a minimal amount of time when COVID-19 hit the world.
- Employee Equity Program
- Private health insurance
- Company lunch contribution
- Language (Danish) courses
- Phone and broadband covered by company
- Centrally located office – easy access to public transportation
- Company events and team activities
- Flexible work environment
All in all, at Templafy you will get a combination of stable working conditions, great colleagues, and genuine entrepreneurship in an equal opportunity workplace.
Our team is growing continuously, and we are aiming to hire the best. In the recruiting process, you will have semi-structured interviews.
Templafy is pioneering the content enablement category and defining the future of work by helping companies worldwide accelerate the business performance of content. Our platform allows companies to align workforces and effortlessly govern content while supporting teams and employees as they create on-brand, high-performing business content – like documents, presentations, and emails, faster. Templafy supports over 2.8M users and enables over 600 enterprise customers such as KPMG, IKEA, and BDO.
Founded in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 2014, Templafy's success is built by our 60+ employee nationalities found at offices in New York, Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Eindhoven, and Sydney. We believe when people feel they belong, have a voice, and feel heard, they are happier and perform better, and that way, everyone wins. Our innovation, diversity, and unique product have raised over $125 million in funding from Insight Venture Partners, Dawn Capital, and Blue Cloud Ventures. The future of work relies on content enabled by Templafy.
Daily communication is in English. You will be working in our Copenhagen office where we offer a great and supportive work environment with amazing colleagues. We have regular team events like board game nights, football, basketball, painting class, etc. We grab lunch at a local restaurant next to Christianshavn Canal that serves as a canteen for us.
If you want to know more read this insider’s view of Life as a Senior Software Engineer at Templafy, or have a look at this video from our self-hosted 3 days Templafy Ignite conference 2019. The 2020 conference is postponed until the circumstances permit it. If you would like to know more about what we are working on these days look, watch this Templafy platform 2020 preview.
Templafy is a workplace of belongingness. To us this means that you have a voice, you dare to speak up, and your voice is heard. We focus on offering an environment that allows all employees to feel that they belong regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or other status.