Software Architect at Januar
Januar is an early-stage fintech startup on the rise, aiming to build the gateway between fiat and crypto. And we’re looking for the next tech stars to join our team!
The team you’re joining
Our tech team consists of four people and expect to grow almost each month over the fall. We each have 15-20+ years of experience, so you’ll have the chance to learn a lot and pitch in with your own experience and ideas. Your role in the team is highly flexible and will primarily be defined by your wishes and ambitions - we believe that people should do what they do best. If we lack the skills for a given task, we’ll handle it as a team, either by educating one or more team members, or by whom we hire as the next to join the team.
What is Januar?
In short, our goal is to bridge bitcoin and banking. Currently, we are in the early stages of building a Bitcoin product for financial institutions in Denmark.
Further down the road, we aim to enable access to bank accounts for cryptocurrency businesses, building the gate between crypto and fiat money.
We base our business on trust and transparency, as well as solid expertise and experience in finance and crypto. We’re not all crypto experts, but we expect you to be curious and willing to both share your knowledge and learn from your colleagues.
We’re a team of 14 now, and we expect to grow noticeably in size over the coming months.
The following description is us imagining the ideal candidate for the position - but we don’t expect you to tick all the boxes.
Our needs are broad and change with the company’s rapid growth, so we’d also love to hear from you if you have more, less, or different experience.
Maybe you have skills we didn’t even realise we need! As long as you match the overall profile and are able to own your area of responsibility.
It is a requirement that you have a valid Danish work permit and live in Denmark (or are willing to move at your own cost).
- 10+ years of professional experience doing backend development as part of a team
- Fluent end efficient in the Java language and Spring Boot
- Proficient in SQL in any form, preferably Microsoft SQL-server context
- Solid understanding of working in cloud environments
- Extensive or good understanding of how to build frontend facing APIs
- Fluent in working with git + github (with whatever branching strategy you know)
- Understanding of and/or opinion on CI/CD combined with a microservice setup
- Moderate or good understanding of how the JVM works on a general level
- Good understanding of microservice architecture principles and do's & don'ts
- Good understanding of databases, incl. use cases and limitations, but also distributed caching and how to approach
- Understanding of how to orchestrate multiple environments with multiple application services, preferably with an Infrastructure-as-a-service mindset.
- Fluency in English (Danish is a plus, but not a requirement)
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind
Nice to have
- Node.js experience, frontend or backend
- Experience with security audits of cloud-based platforms and/or in connection with API
- Interest in trading, maybe even experience with trading yourself
- Experience in doing low latency systems for use in trading environments
- Understanding of blockchains in general
- Understanding the importance of a well-functioning, solid DevOps experience
We use Azure as our cloud provider, but if you come with extensive knowledge of AWS or similar, that will work for us
We expect you to have a keen interest in finance and cryptocurrency, but no pre-knowledge is required.
We don’t mind whether your preference is IntelliJ or notepad - whatever works best for you in collaboration with your team.
You’re free to work on any platform you want, and we provide the hardware and software you need to do your daily work.
We do expect you to use multi factor login for our various platforms and services in order to reduce attack-vectors.
As part of the team in Januar, you will get:
- Highly skilled colleagues who are happy to both teach and learn
- A human-centric, value-based culture
- Best-in-class training in cryptocurrencies
- Challenging and rewarding assignments; many of them end-to-end
- Social activities and events - you’re welcome to arrange some, too!