SOUNDBOKS is an emerging young audio tech company and aspiring lifestyle brand. You may have seen us at a music festival, skate competition, basketball event or at your favorite artist’s release party. We build the loudest, most durable, and arguably the coolest Bluetooth speaker on the market.
Growth is not something we offer, it’s who we are. Learning is at the center of everything, people will teach you what they know and the involvement is yours to take. We’re talking a real-time, on-the-job, experiential approach to learning, and it’s our ultimate goal that you leave the office everyday having learned something new.
With over 90 team members in Los Angeles and Copenhagen, SOUNDBOKS is equal parts seasoned professionals and passionate unconventionals. We’ve got an amazing thing going, and it’s only getting better.
ROLE MANUFACTURING TEST ENGINEER
TEAM PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
START DATE AUGUST 1ST 2022
The Product Development team is a team of talented young and experienced professionals who proudly develop the backbone of our company. We creatively challenge the potential of loudspeakers by mixing technology and user-friendly designs in a way that makes us frontrunners within our product categories. We explore new technologies and like to be at the forefront of what is possible in order to deliver the very best products. Customer value comes first, always, but we are close to the business and work towards commercial targets as well.
As our new Manufacturing Test Engineer, you’ll be testing our running production to ensure no faulty products in the market. That means you’ll be designing, implementing and maintaining test equipment for the verification of our production line testing. This includes subassemblies and completed products within justifying the performance of the PCBA, RF and audio. You’ll be mainly working with your fellow hardware engineering colleagues in the team but also cross-collaborate with all development teams, namely the repair shop and community support.
Okay, let’s make things a little more concrete. Here’s what we expect your daily life to look like:
- You’ll be implementing the generic test platform which means you’ll formulate and execute the overall strategy and requirements and test the software platform, including the database structure and generic test hardware.
- Based on the test platform, you’ll also be defining product-specific test solutions to investigate every single component and making sure that for instance the PCBA or UI are fully functioning.
- In collaboration with our Chinese Product Development team, you’ll establish product-specific test systems by also being on-site approximately 20 days per year.
In order to become a success in this role, we believe that your profile should be aligned with the bullets listed below. However, we acknowledge that success can take many forms, so please do apply even if you don’t tick all the boxes.
- You’re a well-versed test engineer with a keen interest in consumer audio products. That means you have an understanding of electronics, RF, audio and the coherence between these.
- You’re a pragmatic and open-minded test system architect who understands the broad context and collaboration required within the Product Development team.
- You have no issues with interacting in an international environment, including global manufacturing partners.
- You have an engineering degree within electronics and/or audio and 5+ years of experience within manufacturing tests of consumer electronics products. More specifically, you’re well-acquainted with various test development platforms.
Intrigued? At SOUNDBOKS you’ll find yourself a part of a community. We realize that growth is a process and we don’t expect you to go through it alone. Actually, we guarantee that you won’t have to. We work together in order to work smarter, we inspire each other to be better, and we never forget that every member of the team is responsible for our success. So, if you’re tired of all of the noise in the job market, we’d love to hear from you. This may be the coolest job you ever have.